Shabby Miss Jenn

Friday, July 1, 2011

One Phat…I mean, FAT Farmer’s Market

Our morning first started off with Campbell insisting that she had to wear a hat everywhere she went today.  I have to say, she looks pretty cute in all hats and keeps them on.  Addisan, on the other hand, despises wearing hats (unless you could call a tiara a hat).

DSC_1895[5]

So Campbell and I dropped Addisan off at camp this morning and we then hit the gym for a little bit.  On our way home, we came across a Farmer’s Market.  It was a small one, but still quite eclectic with its vendors . One of my New Year’s resolutions a few years back was to support small businesses.  I try my best to buy local and shop on Etsy A LOT.  So needless to say, we ended up pulling over and looking around.

When I think of Farmer’s Markets, I think of all home grown items and colorful bouquets of flowers.  I saw this here.  We ended up just getting a few home grown veggies since we will be going out of town this weekend.


DSC_1893

Campbell picked out her veggies to eat.  She picked out green beans and mini-cucumbers.  I have never seen a child love vegetables as much as her.  Sometimes I wonder how she is my own child.

While we were walking around, it all of a sudden started smelling like a carnival…..I SMELLED FUNNEL CAKE!  Or so I thought at least.

It was not funnel cake… it was even better!  It was these FAT-O donuts that were to die for!  They were made there fresh.  We got to see them fry them and then dump them in glaze!

DSC_1894

The surprise of fresh donuts at the Farmer’s Market made me smile.

1 comment:

Clare said...

ummmmm, hello!!! those look amazin!!!