Shabby Miss Jenn

Monday, July 4, 2011

Mamma Mia with my Mama

image
Yesterday I took my mom up to Wolf Trap in Vienna to see Mamma Mia!  It is a wonderful outdoor theater that is on 100 acres in the middle of a residential neighborhood. They have shows, concerts, ballets, and educational performances.  It is one of my favorite places in Northern Virginia.  I have memories from seeing performances there as a child to my college days seeing Pat McGee.

IMG_2622

Here is the view from outside the entrance of the venue.  There are so many hidden treasures like this in Northern Virginia.  Northern Virginia was not always that hustle and bustle place like it is now.


IMG_2618

Mamma Mia! is one of my favorite performances to see.  The music alone is a reason to go!  This was my second time seeing this performance and it was just as good as I remembered it.  The best part was being able to spend time with my mom.  Even as an adult, it is always nice to have your mama and not have to share her with anyone. 

                          IMG_2621
   Being with my mom and not having to share her makes me smile!

No comments: