Shabby Miss Jenn

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

THE Santa Claus

 

Santa - Dec 2009

I took the girls to see the Legendary Santa Claus at the Children’s Museum in the beginning of December.  We got there shortly after it opened and we only had to wait about 30 minutes.  Not too bad if I say so myself!  When we got into the actual room where Santa was, strollers were not allowed.  Needless to say, I got a good workout with Campbell.  I was by myself and luckily had the nicest family in front of me in line to help me with the girls:) I know Tommy really wanted to take the girls on the weekend, but he would have had to wait several HOURS to see Santa.  I am hoping next year at this time, we will all be together as a family again!  The girls did great with Santa and went right up there on his lap.  Campbell was not smiling because I took her bottle away for pictures…the nerve of me!  Addisan asked Santa for a pink belt and a pink puppy for Christmas.  I love this age where she is not asking for commercialized merchandise!  I hope it stays this way!

 

IMG_2444

Addisan insisted that Santa needed a gift.  She first wanted to buy him an eclectic guitar, but I tried to explain that he probably already had an extra or two in his workshop (plus, it was not in our budget:)).  So I told her that Santa loves sweets!  She picked out a bag of Swedish Fish to bring him as a gift.  I have been trying to get her to understand that a gift is something you give from your heart that you don’t ask for back.  I was proud of her…she did not ask to share the candy with Santa or even to have the bag back!

 

IMG_2445

Addisan waiting in line with the Snow Princess. 

 

IMG_2448

IMG_2452

IMG_2453

After visiting Santa, we went to the Children’s Museum to play.  Thanks Baby and Pop-Pop for the year membership!  The girls love it!

1 comment:

Clare said...

addisan looks so big in these pictures! we need to see her soon;)