Shabby Miss Jenn

Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Circus is in Town

We had such an awesome time at the circus today. I think one of the best things about being a mom is being able to experience and witness first hand the amazement on your child's face when something is new and/or exciting. We prepped Addisan all week about our adventure today. In one of the many boxes of "treasures" (some refer to as junk) from my parents' basement, there was a circus program from when I was a child. We have been looking at it throughout the week for her to prepare for today's event. I knew the noise and the clowns might frighten her otherwise. All the hard work this week paid off:) Not one tear....just amazement for every act in the circus. We had such a wonderful afternoon with her. I am looking forward to taking Campbell with us next time:) Campbell enjoyed a lot of cuddle time with Popeye and Ju-Ju today instead of going with us.

Addisan arriving at the circus. Just look at her excitement!


Pre-circus---wide awake!


Daddy and Addisan walking to the circus. I just love her pigtails...it makes her look like a little girl and not a baby anymore.


Addisan and I inside the Coliseum waiting to see the pre-show.

Daddy and Addisan down on the floor at the Coliseum.


Pre-show festivities.

Addisan patiently waiting for the circus to start.


Addisan trying cotton candy for the first time. I am glad she loved it...it was $12!


Us digging into the cotton candy...YUM!




The elephants are my favorite part!


Just look at her excitement when watching the circus....she clapped with the entertainers, danced when she heard the music....simply put, she just loved it!


Within 5 minutes of leaving the parking lot...she was out for FOUR hours! She did so well today. I am so proud of her!

No comments: