Shabby Miss Jenn

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Can You Feel The Love Tonight...




We went to go see The Lion King with some great friends around the corner from us.  Unfornately, my girlfriend had a family emergency and was out of town, so her husband was my date and chauffeur for Addisan and their three kids.  What a great man (and brave) for taking all of us! 

This girl loves nothing better than going to the theater.  She loves the music and just comes to life watching the actors.  You can see it in her eyes and her imagination starts to churn.  Watching her play make-believe games by herself and with her sister, she is constantly performing as though she has an audience in front of her. 








Below is a picture of her during intermission with her overpriced cookie.  I was hoping to get a picture of all the kids together, but time got away from me.  If you have seen The Lion King, you know why I lost track of time....the music and the puppetry is absolutely amazing!  Even with the show being during her nap time, she was fully engrossed for the whole THREE hours!  On the way home though, I knew she was really tired when she was showing Mr. Patrick how she could gargle her own spit.  I know, I am not sure where she gets these special talents....from her mother or from her father?





I felt guilty not bringing Campbell, but I knew she was not going to be able to handle the performance.  I have mother's guilt that I have been taking Addisan to the theater since she was 2 1/2 and poor Campbell has gotten gypped.  This past year, we have brought her to two children's performances and she did fabulous......BUT they are only an hour long and there is no intermission. It is amazing how two girls raised in the same environment can be so different, but it is nice how they compliment each other so nicely.


Being with my little theater critic with great friends makes me smile!

No comments: