Shabby Miss Jenn

Monday, January 30, 2012

Pigeons Have Landed in the Kennedy Center

Two of my favorite things.....The Kennedy Center and Mo Willems!  The Kennedy Center has a great family theater that has several performances throughout the year.  It is reasonably priced and it is cheaper than the Barksdale Theater in Richmond.  This was Campbell's first time here and she loved it.  We watched Knuffle Bunny and it was fabulous!  I would highly recommend it.  The theater is cozy, the performances are only an hour, and there is no intermission....perfect for a three year old!


Leading up to our trip to Washington, D.C., we read and reread many of the Mo Willem books.  We of course had to get out our fancy dresses for this occasion.  These were my Ross dresses that I spent about $10 each on.  You gotta love a good deal!
         

                                     




We went with our friends, Jack, Gavin, and JT.  I think the girls secretly loved all their bachelors.  



I spotted Addisan posing like this before going back into the show.  She is as girly as they come!





The kids loved looking at all the things in the city going on.  We saw kayakers, planes, trucks, etc.  I love the feeling of being in a big city and watching all the things going on.  



  
I was THRILLED beyond words to hear that Mo Willems was going to be there to autograph books after the performance.  So, of course, we had to join the never ending line.....but it was all worth it!  He was as nice as could be.  Addisan and Campbell have been listening to the musical CD every night since returning from our trip.


Of course, no trip would be complete without food!  We stopped at Joe's in Vienna before returning home to Richmond.  I love trying to hit the places to eat back in Northern Virginia that we do not have back home.  

Meeting Mo Willems with my girls makes me smile!


No comments: