Shabby Miss Jenn

Sunday, November 29, 2009

A Small Thanksgiving

We had a great Thanksgiving this year. In the past, we have usually had over 30 people, but this year was quite different. It was only the two sets of grandparents and our nephew Greg. Greg just came back from deployment and I think some real cooking was just what he needed! Tommy and I made the turkey with my Great Great Grandma's turkey oven. It is amazing that it still works....but especially how well it works! I also made a fabulous chocolate cake from one of my favorite cook books, The Cake Doctor. The grandparents brought the side dishes. I truly felt that it was a fun time held by all with little stress with regard to preparation.

DSC_8450
A fun game of Puppy Pals Bingo before we eat.




DSC_8454Our foster dog Hobbs had a lot to be grateful for this year.  He was dropped off by a mother and her children who were fleeing from domestic violence.  He was so skinny when we got him.  I am not a "small dog" person, but he won my heart!



DSC_8477
Campbell driving around in her sister's car.  She can get in and out all on her own.



IMG_2426  A little pre-lunch nap for Pop-Pop.



DSC_8469 Campbell having fun playing with her daddy!


DSC_8487Here I am testing the mashed potatoes for quality.



2 comments:

Clare said...

i LOVE the last picture of you! i hope addisan is feeling better!

Anonymous said...

aww what a wonderful Thanksgiving you guys had! I love all of the pictures!