Shabby Miss Jenn

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Iron Egg Smash Off

I feel like it has been forever since I have blogged. I have quickly discovered how two kids keep you very, VERY busy. We had an awesome Easter weekend. The weather was perfect...sunny and cool....just the way I like it! On Saturday, we went home to see my childhood friends at the annual Iron Egg Smash Off. This is an annual event that Colleen's family has been hosting since we were little. In a nutshell, or should I say eggshell, you bring one hard boiled egg to smash against others' eggs. It kinda works like the basketball playoffs...you sign in your egg after it is inspected to make sure it is legal (you would be surprised to see what people will do to make their eggshell harder). One person is the smasher and one is the smashee. When the eggs make contact, only one egg will crack. Why this is...I have no idea. Try and you will see it is true. The person whose egg makes it through without cracking is the winner for the year and receives a trophy. But wait...it is not over yet....that winner has to take on the egg that won the previous year. If that egg then wins, that person also gets the winner t-shirt to wear with pride. I know it sounds kinda odd, but it is a lot of fun. We have never won nor have we come close to it. The winners tend to have a secret for their winning eggs that they don't share. Below are some pictures of the day's event.


Addisan found a dog to love.


Addisan and Drew smashing the "loser"eggs on the pavement. They had a good time doing this.


Campbell finally woke up to enjoy the festivities.


Addisan's future husband. Just like her mom, she likes older men. It cracks me up that Drew would not completly put his arm around her:)


Sara and Drew enjoying some lunch.


Friends getting ready to smash off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooo I love it! Sounds like such a great event!

Clare said...

that is so cool, i have never heard about that!! addison looks so big!