Shabby Miss Jenn

Monday, October 20, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

I joined a group called MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) down here in Richmond. All the moms are really down to earth and their kids are great. We meet every other Thursday for a few hours. The children have a huge playdate with each other while we enjoy some adult time. The MOPS group does charity work, outings (with and without kids!), crafts, and supports one another in anyway that you can imagine. I love the fact that they have mentor moms to lean on for support...knowing that they have already been through what we are going through now and survived to tell about it! It is nice to have a support system down here in Richmond while away from all of my friends. I took my first outing with the group to the Chesterfield Berry Farm to go pumpkin picking. Addisan enjoyed herself. She did though love the hay ride more than the actual pumpkin picking. When I told her to pick the pumpkin she wanted to take home....she would sit on it and say, "This one" and then two seconds later sit on another pumpkin and say the same thing. I am happy to report that we did come home with only two pumpkins!


Addisan running around while waiting for the hay ride.


Addisan enjoying the hayride to the pumpkin patch.


Addisan sitting on one of the many pumpkins she wanted to take home with her.


Addisan and I on our way back from the pumpkin patch. She was so worn out!


Addisan reflecting about the day after she woke up from her nap.

1 comment:

Clare said...

what a fun trip, i love the pictures!!